Szendel PLLC is a proud member of the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys. We help small businesses and individual consumers to understand their options and obtain a "fresh start" by taking advantage of the relief afforded under Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 of the United States Bankruptcy Code. Szendel PLLC is designated as a federal debt relief agency by United States law. We can help guide you through the stringent filing requirements set forth in the United States Bankruptcy Code, including the Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act of 2005 and determine if you are eligible for relief under Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 of the Bankruptcy Code.
What Filing For Bankruptcy Can Do For You
Depending on your particular circumstances, filing for Bankruptcy in New York or New Jersey may enable you to:
- Eliminate Credit Card Debt
- Stop Harassment From Bill Collectors
- Stop Foreclosure Lawsuits, Pending Sheriff Sales and Repossessions
- Stop Wage Garnishments and Bank Attachments
- Eliminate Debt from Medical Expenses
- Eliminate Debt from Cash Advances, Signature Loans and Other Unsecured Loans
- Stop Judgments
- Stop Lawsuits in County, Municipal, and Small Claims Courts
- Stop Disconnection of Necessary Utilities
- Reinstate Driver's License Suspended Due to a Car Accident Without Insurance
- Eliminate Debt From Certain Unpaid Back Taxes
If you are facing any of these problems, Szendel PLLC can help you to determine whether filing for bankruptcy is an appropriate option to help you move forward and achieve your objectives. We also encourage you to review the Bankruptcy Resources that we have provided in order to gain a better understanding of the bankruptcy process.
What We Do For You
During your initial consultation with Szendel PLLC, you will speak with New York and New Jersey Bankruptcy Attorney Adrian M. Szendel, Esq. who will listen carefully to your situation, assess your objectives, address your initial questions and concerns and counsel you on whether filing bankruptcy is the right decision for you. Once you retain Szendel PLLC to represent you in your bankruptcy, you can immediately stop taking harassing calls from creditors and simply tell them to call your attorney. We will handle it from there so you can stop worrying about your creditors and start focusing on moving ahead in your life.
In addition to serving as your representative with regard to your creditors, Szendel PLLC provides the following services to help you obtain a "fresh start" through bankruptcy:
- Advise as to your eligibility to file for a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
- Counsel you on whether you should file for bankruptcy under Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 depending on your particular circumstances and objectives
- Address any concerns you may have in filing for bankruptcy such as protecting your personal and business assets
- Perform a detailed means test calculation using federal and state law guidelines
- Maximize the amount of exemptions you may claim as governed by federal and state law
- Assist you in meeting your pre- and post-filing credit counseling requirements
- Prepare your bankruptcy petition including all necessary schedules and forms
- Ensure compliance with all filing requirements and deadlines
- Personally prepare you for the First Meeting of Creditors (Section 341(a) Meeting)
- Represent you before the U.S. Trustee at your Section 341(a) Meeting
- Represent you before the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in your Confirmation Hearing if filing a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
- Represent you before the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in adversary proceedings
If you are seeking to eliminate your debt, stop a foreclosure proceeding, stop a lawsuit, or are for any reason considering filing for bankruptcy in New York or New Jersey, please Contact Us to set up a free consultation with a New York bankruptcy attorney.
Szendel PLLC is designated as a debt relief agency under federal law. We help people to understand their options and file for relief under the Bankruptcy Code. Szendel PLLC helps by preparing and filing Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy petitions on behalf of individuals and small businesses throughout New York City including Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, Staten Island and throughout Northern New Jersey.